We value your privacy, so we’ve developed a policy that outlines how we gather, utilise, and retain your personal information. Please take some time to learn about our privacy procedures.
The Data Controller is Urgent Freight Ltd, for the purposes of both the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act of 2018 (collectively, the “Data Protection Laws”).
Personal details about yourself
In the process of your usage of the Platforms or when you utilise our services, we may gather and use some or all of the information listed below from you:
● Information that you give by verbally giving, by emailing, or by completing the forms on the Platforms or submitting forms during the registration process. This includes details given while registration to use the Platforms, signing up for and utilising our service, or asking for further details about or using our services. When you, for instance, report an issue with the Platforms, we might additionally ask you for information.
● This may include, but is not limited to, personal information provided when using the Platforms, filling out our survey forms, or utilising our services, including name, email address, phone number, or any other information.
● Your conversations with Us may be recorded by Us and kept on file.
● You may also be asked to participate in surveys that we utilise for research, however you are under no obligation to do so.
● Information about your interactions to the platforms, such as traffic statistics, location information, weblogs and other kinds of communication info, and the materials you access.
Information we collect from other sources
Additionally, we’ll get personal information from the following sources:
● Sources that are openly accessible, such as but not exclusive to Google, Companies House, and social media sites
● privately held suppliers like Creditsafe.
● In order for us to verify that you have the proper insurance policies in effect, through our insurance providers from whom you’ve purchased a policy and where you have granted the necessary rights.
● In order for us to verify that you have the proper insurance policies in effect, through our insurance collaborators from which you have purchased a policy and where you have granted the necessary rights.
Uses for the information you provide
Legal ground for processing
In cases where you have registered on our Platforms to obtain these emails and marketing materials, we depend on your permission as the legal basis for sending you those. This includes newsletters and materials from our advertisers.
We use your permission as the legal justification for processing any personal data we have obtained about you as a result of your participation in a survey.
We collect, use, and share (exclusively in line with this policy) your private details in order to deliver our services to you or to obtain your services in accordance with a contract we have with you. The phrase “execution of a contract” applies here.
On “legitimate interest,” we rely when:
● In order to perform our services in compliance with a contract with an organisation that has hired you, we collect, use, and share (as permitted through this policy solely) your personal information.
● To be able to communicate with you and establish a prospective commercial relationship, we utilise and manage your contact information. This includes sending you information and materials that we think you might find interesting.
● To enable you to get services from a service supplier under the terms of an agreement you and the service provider engaged into, we collect, use, and share (only in line with this policy) your personal data.
We utilise the information we have on file regarding you within this following methods:
● To give our services to you.
● To guarantee that the Platforms’ content is displayed in the most efficient way for you and the device(s) that have been used to access and explore the Platforms;
● To send you information and offers that you requested from Us or that We believe may be of interest to you.
● To fulfil our responsibilities under any contracts we may have engaged into with you.
● To enable you to engage in active parts of our service if you so desire.
● To keep you updated on updates to our services.
● To allow us to connect you with our insurance partners when you have authorised or requested that we do so.
In addition to the foregoing, we sometimes use your information to contact you about services or products including those provided by our advertisers, that might be interesting for you. We will only contact you via digital communication (e-mail or SMS) if you agree to such engagement. If you do not want Us to use your data in this manner, please I check the relevant box upon that form over which We gather your information (for example, the registration form); (ii) unsubscribe from our digital communications through using method indicated in the relevant communication; or (iii) notify Us at any moment by contacting Us at the contact details set out below.
We typically disclose your personal information to third parties in the following ways:
● We may disclose your information to third-party service providers, agents, subcontractors, and other affiliated organisations in order for them to complete tasks and provide services on our behalf (e.g. to host our servers)
● We reserve the right to disclose your personal information to any member of our business group, which includes our subsidiaries, ultimate parent company, and its subsidiaries, as defined under Section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006. (where applicable)
● If you have accepted to engage in the services of a registered service provider, we may share your personal information with these companies in order so that they can offer you their products.
We may also release your personal information to the following third parties:
● If We sell or acquire any business or assets, We may share your personal information to the potential seller or buyer of such property or investments;
● Should We or substantially every one of our assets are bought by a third party, personal data about our customers maintained by Us will be among the transferred goods;
● If We are required to provide or share your private data to comply with just about any legal obligation, or to enforce or implement our Terms & Conditions and other agreements;
● To safeguard Our rights, property, or safety, as well as the rights, property, and safety of our connected businesses, our users, and any third party with whom we deal in order to provide the Platforms;
● Only in respect to selected third parties, and solely to the degree to which you have approved to such chosen third parties contacting you about particular goods or services that may be of interest to you;
● Regarding our insurance partners, to allow us to recommend you to them if you have authorised or requested that we do so.
Except as noted above and except to the extent required to fulfil our commitment derived from any contracts we may have with you, We will not disclose your data to other parties unless we have obtained your express agreement to do so.
Protecting your private information
We take the necessary precautions to guarantee that all personal data is secure, such as security precautions to guard against accidental loss, unauthorised use, and unauthorised access. We only allow people who truly have to know it for their job to have access to confidential information. Those handling your information are sworn to secrecy and will only act in ways that have been authorised. Anywhere we process payments, SSL technology will be used to encrypt those transactions. You are in charge of maintaining the confidentiality of any passwords We have provided you (or that you have chosen) that grant you access to particular areas of the websites/applications.
Additionally, we have protocols in place to handle any suspected breach of data security. If we are required by law to do so, we shall alert you and any relevant authority of a potential breach of data security.
Unfortunately, internet-based information transfer is not entirely secure. Despite our best efforts, We cannot ensure the security of your personal information transferred to the website or our app; any transmission occurs at your own risk. After receiving your information, We shall endeavour to prevent unauthorised access by following tight protocols and implementing security features.
Links from and to the websites of corporate partner networks, advertisers, and affiliates may occasionally be seen on the Platforms. Please be aware that even these sites each have their own privacy terms and policies of use, and we disclaim all obligation or responsibility for these terms and policies of use if you choose to access them via a link on any of these websites.Please examine these rules before submitting any personal details to these websites.
Keeping your information up to date
If your personal information changes, you can update them by visiting the relevant Platforms page or contacting Us through the information provided below. If you have any queries regarding how We utilise data obtained about you, please feel free to contact Us by submitting an email to the address listed below.
In order to assure that the personal data We possess about you is as correct and up to date as possible, we will make every effort to change your personal information within [INSERT number of days – e.g. 14 working days] of obtaining relevant documents and/or updating essential databases.
How long we retain your personal information
We will keep personal information, such as name, address, and contact information, for as long as we are required to keep it by applicable UK tax law, which is currently seven years.
For the purpose of offering you the services you have requested, to resolve any disputes, to enforce our rights, and/or to answer to inquiries, we may keep other personal information you have given us for as long as it is objectively reasonable.
Please get in touch with us if you have any inquiries concerning our data retention policy.
Where we save your personal information
Every piece of information we have on you is kept on our hosted, secure servers in the EEA.
We reserve the right to transfer and retain the information we gather from you at a location outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). Additionally, it might be processed by personnel from Us or one among our suppliers who are based outside the EEA. These employees might be responsible for carrying out your orders, handling your payment information, and offering support services, among other things. You give your consent to this transfer, storing, or processing by providing your personal data.
These nations do not have the same level of data protection regulations as the UK and EEA, but we will make sure that any personal data transferred has an adequate level of protection comparable to that which is in place in those jurisdictions. Each and every transfer of your private information will be governed by an agreement with these 3rd parties that we will have reviewed, approved, and/or negotiated.
Please get in touch with us if you need more details (see “Contact” below). We shall not give your personal information to any organisation (or subsidiary entities) that is subject to public international law or that is established as a result of an agreement amongst two or more countries or to any organisation that is located beyond the United Kingdom or the EEA.
You are entitled to a number of significant rights under the General Data Protection Regulation without any fees. Overall, those contain the following rights:
● accessibility to your personal information as well as some additional data which this Policy already is intended to address
● compel Us to fix any errors in the data we have on you that are held incorrect
● compel the deletion of any personal information about you in specific circumstances.
● receive the personal information about you that you have given to Us in a structured, widely-used, and machine-readable manner and, in some circumstances, have the right to disclose that information to a third party.
● you may protest at any moment to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing.
● object to judgments being made automatically that have legal repercussions for you or have another substantial impact on you.
● In certain other circumstances, you may object to our ongoing use of your personal data.
● prohibit our use of your personal information in different ways and under specific conditions
● recover damages for any harm brought on by our violation of any privacy laws.
Consult the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on persons rights under the General Data Protection Regulation for more information on each of those rights, including the situations in which they apply.
In order to utilise any of these rights, kindly:
● Contact us via phone, email, or mail (see “Contact” below).
● Give us enough facts to identify you, such as your account number, user name, and registration information.
● Please provide us with evidence of your identification and residence, such as a copy of your driver’s passport or licence and a recent utility or bank account bill, as well as the details of your request, along with any account or reference numbers you may have.
Submitting a formal complaint
We sincerely hope we’ll be able to allay any questions or concerns you may have regarding how we use your data.
Additionally, you have the right under the General Data Protection Regulation to file a complaint with a supervisory authority, particularly in the member state of the European Union (or European Economic Area) where you reside, work, or where any alleged violations of data protection laws are alleged to have occurred. The Information Commissioner, who can be reached at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or by phone at 0303 123 1113, is the supervisory authority in the UK.
Updates to our privacy statement
At any time, we retain the right to change this policy. You will be informed of and given access to any future modifications to our policy through the Platforms. Your continuing use of the platforms and services will be taken as acceptance of the updated privacy statement.
IP addresses and cookies
For systems administration and to supply aggregate data to third parties affiliates, we may gather information about your cellular telephone, computer, or other device out of which you access the Platforms, including, where available, your IP address, system software, screen size and pixel density, and browser type. This information is statistical evidence about the surfing habits and behaviours of our users and does not personally identify any one user. To track how you use our services, we may combine such information with the information we already have about you.
If you accept, We will place a little text file called a cookie on your computer’s hard drive or in your browser. Cookies have data in them that is stored on the hard drive of your computer.
The cookies we employ consist of:
● Cookies for analysis. They enable Us to identify and tally visitors’ numbers as well as see how users use the platforms. This enables Us to enhance the functionality of our platforms, for instance, by assuring that users can quickly locate what they’re looking for.
● Strictly necessary cookies.These really are cookies which are necessary for the Platforms to function. They include, for instance, cookies that let you utilise a shopping cart, login to secure locations of our platforms, or access e-billing services.
● Functionality cookies.These help us recognize you when you visit our Platforms again. This allows Us to tailor our content to your interests, address you by name, and keep track of your choices, such as your preferred language or geographic location.
● Targeting cookies. These cookies keep track of your usage of our Platforms, including pages you have viewed, and the hyperlinks you have clicked to access the websites of our affiliates. We’ll use this data to tailor our platforms, the deals we send your way, and the advertising you see there to your preferences. For this purpose, we might also divulge this information to third parties.
Please note that we have no authority over the usage of cookies by third party affiliates.
When you access the Platforms, cookies that are essential for their basic operation are enabled by default and are already set.
Any cookies that are not absolutely necessary for the Platforms to operate properly won’t be loaded unless you expressly agree to them by selecting “accept” on the cookie banner.
By turning on the browser setting that enables you to deny the installation of all or specific cookies, you can block cookies. However, you might not be able to view all or portions of the Platform if you change your browser settings to reject all cookies (including necessary cookies). As soon as you access one of our Platforms, our system will start sending cookies to your computer unless you’ve changed the settings in your browser to prevent this.
If you have any inquiries, suggestions, or complaints regarding this privacy statement, please contact Urgent Freight LTD at the following location or by email at email@example.com
80 Plumer Road, High Wycombe, HP112SR
Last updated: 01/12/2022